Friday, June 29, 2007

More Ashe

Ah, Friday in Asheville. I'm at the public Library once again, with much to report. I can't remember exactly what i said last time, however.

Thursday, which was yesterday, Dave and I went out to breakfast with our good friend Amanda Platt, who i've been mentioning quite frequently, because she's amazing. Her band, Bee's Knees, played somewhere last night...no one knows where though. She didn't even know at the time we last saw her. But breakfast was great. We got to meet her guitar, Birdie (which she made herself!!) and talked about our plans to fineagle (sp) a show at the Dripolator tonight. To help in that process Dave and i attended and performed at the Dripolator open mike and brought the house down (tore it down according to dave). We talked to the host and he talked to the owner and as of this morning, we have a show. 8pm tonight. Angela and I are going to Handbill the area while dave, prospectively, plays a bit at the drum circle (6pm). We still have to go to the UNC-Asheville computer lab to print out our flyers, but we can do that when Ang is released from the bonds of employment.

Also yesterday, I discovered that Bamboo grows along the Swananoa river. I also swam in said river. If you search the depths of the internet I'm sure you'll find a video of myself and three other young ladies attempting to wave at Dave (filming) while we are swimming. it looks a bit like we are calling for help and drowning in a very friendly manner.

Tomorrow morning we are driving home. I don't want to talk about that. In fact, even bringing up the subject has caused my soul to wither as a flower in times of drought. So i must bid you farewell, and bid myself good luck...i shall need it.

*poof*
C

No comments: