Monday, May 08, 2006

Goodmorning Allergies

Yes, goodmorning is one word. I made it so with my miraculous powers of making things so.

I cannot breathe through my nose, but it's alright because I don't have a real show until friday. Maybe by then the pollen count will be down or something.

I ran out of soy milk last night so now i'm eating dry raisin bran for breakfast. It could be worse. I could be eating white bread and drinking Dasani water.

On Saturday, after our show at Coffee Planet with Nik, Dave and I went up to Saratoga to see Sirsy at the Parting Glass. That's the nice thing about daytime shows on a Saturday, they allow you to go see other bands that night. So, seeing as we were up north anyway, it was Sirsy, and they were unveiling Sirsy version 2.0, we couldn't really pass it up. Anyway, I am amazed by the versatility of Melanie and Rich. They manage to sound like a full band with only two people! I could go on about it further, but it would probably be best if you just saw them yourself....(seguay to...)...Hopefully with Almost Awake later this summer! We're in the process of trying to put together a show at the Daily Grind with Sirsy and (randomly enough...the techno/electronic/keyboard/accordian-playing) Harry Pyle. Hopefully all will work out, because this would be an absolutely slammin' show!

Speaking of slammin', or should i say Jammin', Yesterdays second set at Heritage Day, kicked ass. Mostly because my dad sat in with his Telecaster and gave a new spin to our acousticness. We rocked out, and there was a lot more of an audience than at the Old Iron Spring. We even sold a few CDs. It was spiffy. And we got to hang out with Nik and friend and father at Coffee Planet, see Lisa dn Kristen and make enough money to buy lunch without going into the red.

On saturday dave battled with a Lion. More on that to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was one of those who bought a CD, but I listened to it already, and I need more.

I heard you and Dave on the radio probably three or four months ago? And had intended on catching a show at Coffee Planet in Ballston Spa, but that never happened, the way things never happen unless you remember to follow through.

In any case, your show at Heritage Day was in the international key of awesome, especially because "between the euphoric touch of Chapman's vocals and the twanging beat of Shaver's djembe, the duo's songs came off as an uplifting end to the festival."

I am quoting myself, from the article I wrote for Monday's Saratogian about Heritage Day(see attached link).

Maybe I can sell a real profile/story of you two to my editor in the near future. If you are interested, you can find my email address on the Saratogian website.

Anonymous said...

http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16601044&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=6