Monday, May 15, 2006

Getting Interviewed...all week...

We're getting interviewed all week. Today was for the Saratogian (I'm actually writing this post from the Saratoga Springs Public Library). Tomorrow for Kaleidoscope on 104.9 and friday for Roundtable's Performance Place on WAMC. Then on June 10th we're going to be on 91.1 WSPN's Soiree.

I don't mind being interviewed, but I do feel like I'm pretty inarticulate most of the time. I think i would enjoy an interview through e-mail better. Then I could have a moment to think about what I wanted to say and write it down with my fingers instead of attempting to speak. It wouldn't hurt that i'd have a thesauraus at my disposal.

I'm near the art section in the library. I started a collage a little while after we moved to 'burgh, but I never finished it. I'm doing more laundry today, and being poor. It's alright though, it's the noble kind of 'pursuing your calling' poverty. At least Dave and I have a skill/talent we employ to get money from strangers on the street and we don't have to beg.

Man! I just remembered that I'm in Saratoga and that means I have to go to Saratoga Guitar and look at guitars. Good times.

I was so afraid we'd run out of gas this morning, but we didn't, and we're still here to tell the tale. There is someone in between my computer and dave's. I think he's on computer three because he's counter-clockwise from me with one computer in between and I'm on computer five.

I love my life. My ear feels a little bit better right now than it did last night. Maybe I won't go to the doctor. I don't think I actually have my insurance card anyway. That's a problem with being a musician. Lack of access to insurance. We could join the union, but then we'd have to pay dues, and I don't have money for a pack of gum right now, let alone union dues.

11 minutes remaining on this computer.

I'm going to wrap it up. I'm getting typing elbow and the mouse is on the right-handed-person side. It's totally time to go to the guitar store. Only if Dave is done with his computer though. We do have ten minutes left until they kick us off after all.

*C*

No comments: