Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AA in ITHACA this SUNDAY 3/15

Hello all! I hope you liked the last two blogs! I liked writing them!

I want to tell everyone that Almost Awake will be making our return to Ithaca after over two years away from their fabulous music scene! We'll be bringing our acousical sounds back to the Commons at the Owl Cafe at Autumn Leaves Books. Our show will be this Sunday (3/15-- the Ides of March! Ominous. . .) from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Autumn Leaves is located at 115 The Commons. The cafe is on the second floor. The second floor is mostly open to the main level, so you'll be able to browse their full selection of new and used books without sacrificing a good, long AA listen. The cafe offers an array of organic, fair trade teas and coffees as well as baked goods, soups, sandwiches and many vegetarian and vegan options. Click on the Autumn Leaves link above and scroll down to see a picture.

If you're not familiar with Ithaca, the Commons is an outdoor pedestrian-only street similar to Church Street in Burlington, VT. There's no parking there, obviously, since there's no driving, but street parking is free on weekends and all City parking garages (one is extra close) are free for the first hour and one dollar per hour thereafter. (Don't tell anyone I let you in on this, but I've never had to pay in the garages on the weekend. Even though I take a ticket when I go in, there is no attendant and the gate always opens when I try to leave. . .take that as you will.)

Anyway, it is bound to be a fun show. We will be selling CD's as always, and will gladly give you small stake in our souls if you give us a hefty tip. Small-bill-tippers only get an IOU for a cookie. I may play the mandolin if Dave can find his egg-shaker.

The end.

*C*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices as regards the velcros are about 230 pounds on every page. But completely I set this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what can you tell me about these?