Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

So, it was a very busy holiday period here at AA. We hosted the Chapman parents for the Thanksgiving feast/fest, did some Casey's Birthday/Dave's Birthday/Richard's Birthday fun things, and of course, played two shows.

The show at 74 State featured the wonderful Richard Chapman. We had some fun playing different arrangements and trying new instrumentations. I was supposed to sit on a stool since my ankle is a big mess still, but I couldn't do it. I did my best not to stand on it too much, so that basically meant i stood on one foot for a good portion of the show.

We debuted our new merchandise table guard/protector/mascot. (We still love you ninja, you just seemed a bit burned out and jumpy. . .we can't have that. . .can we now?) Anyway, our new addition to the merch table is Mickie James, multi-time WWE Women's Champion. Well, actually it's a Mickie James action figure, as she was busy and we couldn't afford her appearance fee anyway. . . but, she has fully posable limbs and comes with her own folding chair! ! ! How spectacular! ! ! She will surely protect anyone who buys our stuff, keep delinquints from stealing, and entice the skeptical to purchace CDs with her skin-tight outfit and winning smile.

So, Mickie, welcome to the AA team.

But, as I was saying, it was a good show. Some out-of-towners listened and liked it and bought CDs, and some old friends we weren't expecting showed up. A good amount of family was there, including my aunt, cousin, grandma, step-aunt and step-uncle, along with my mom (and of course my Dad who was playing in the show.) Good fun. But yes, Steve and Woody and Sueann were also there.

(**Note** if you come to our show, you too could see your name in lights. . .er. . .in the AA blog. . .)

No one at 74 State seemed to have any clue who I was, despite my having worked there less than three months ago. Odd. . .I did dye my hair, but I didn't think that would make such a difference. Perhaps they were just so awestruck by my fame they were at a loss for words.

Ok, so that was a good show. We didn't get back to the hindquarters in Stillwater until after 1AM though, and had a show the next day. . .
Dave and I slept on the mother of all air matresses, which my dad refers to as the Lucitania. . .

And, with the image of AA drifting off to a place of luxurious, restful, pacifying slumber, I will leave you until next time. . .where I will pick up the story with our emergence from rest on Sunday morning.

*C*

No comments: